1. 학생이 cheating을 하다가 걸렸을때 퇴학시키는 정책에 대해서 어떻게 생각하는가?
If your university finds someone who cheats during an exam, should the expel the students or not?
2. Some university students focus on both school work and club activities. Other students just focus on their studies.
Which do you think is better?
3. 학생의 편지: 도서관에 예술대 학생들의 예술 작품을 전시하자고 제안, 더 많은 학생들이 볼수 있다. 더 좋아보인다.
School should display student art in the library, because more students would be able to see the art.
And it would look better
여학생은 찬성. 이유
첫번째. gallery가 너무 멀어서 학생들이 예술 작품들을 귀찮아서 보러 가지 않는데.
도서관에 작품들을 전시하면 더 많은 학생들이 작품들을 볼 수 있다.
두번째, 도서관은 새로 지어져서 아무 것도 장식되어 있지 않다. 예술 작품들을 전시하면 도서관이 훨씬 보기 좋을 것이다.
4. Reading : Dimorphism : a phenomenon when memers of the same species look different probably due to survival reasons.
Listening : example of birds of paradise
Male birds have have bright, colorful feathers that rae large.
Female birds have dull, brownpgrey feathers that are small.
The male objective is to mate with as many female partners as possible. Its feathers are consipicuous, meaning
that more females can spot them.
The female birds raise their young alone in their nests.
5. The woman has a scheduling conflict because she signed up for a geology field trip for the holidays but her sister is coming
back in a year to parents' house and she wants to meet her.
solution 1) cancel the trip and go to her parents' house.
장점: 가족 만나서 즐거운 시간을 보낼수 있다. 단점:trip이 exciting할수 있고 많은것을 배울수 있다.
solution 2) go to the geology trip
장점: 동생이 이해할거다. 단점:실망할수 있다.
6. Synthetic dye가 유용하게 쓰인는 두가지 분야.
1. fashion trend의 변화
ex) Before the arrival of synthetic dye, colored clothing was expensive and hard to come by.
However, because of the invention of synthetic dye, colored apparel became readily available to everyone.
2. New positive developments
After researching the pigments that make up for colored dye, researchers could make some discoveries.
ex) While conducting a reseach, a scientist found a substance that killed the bateria
residing on his equipment and found out that it could be used as a sterilizer.